Outsourced Compliance Officers
EU Representative for GDPR
The GDPR Article 27 introduces the mandatory appointment of an EU representative for organisations that:
- process personal data of individuals in the EU either by way of offering goods or services to those individuals or else monitoring their behaviour;
- do not have an office in the EU; and
- process the personal data of individuals in the EU on a regular basis.
Symmetry can act as a EU representative on behalf of the controller or processor with regard to their obligations under GDPR. Subscribers to our
EU Representative service have access to a remote EU Representative who will serve as a contact point for all issues related to your organisation’s processing of personal data under the GDPR, including being a contact point for supervisory authorities and individuals in the EU.
Virtual EU Representative services
Our EU representative team can perform all the required tasks in GDPR regulations including:
- Act as a point of contact for your organisation with data subjects and supervisory authorities on all personal data processing matters
- Maintaining records of processing activities
- Cooperate with the supervisory authorities concerned
Post-Brexit EU Representation
The UK is expected to leave the EU on 31 January 2020. If your organisation is regularly processing personal data of EU individuals by way of offering goods or services or by monitoring behaviour, and your organisation does not have an office or establishment in the EU, you will need to appoint an EU Representative in order to comply with GDPR Article 27. This appointment will need to be made when the UK leaves the EU (unless alternative agreements are made as part of the Brexit negotiations).
Symmetry can provide your organisation with Brexit EU Representation services and other related GDPR solutions for your post-Brexit data processing.
GET A QUOTE TODAY
If you need to comply with GDPR Article 27 and are interested in our EU Representative services, you can contact us by filling out the form below.